- Read up on the types of protests that have happened through history, as well as what has worked and what has not.
- Large collection of training resources covering all aspects.
- Online overview of training strategies.
- List of national protest training organizations.
- Learn how to organize a protest (logistics).
- Using social media in protest movements (.DOC).
KNOW YOUR RIGHTS
BECOME A LEGAL OBSERVER
- Legal observers are individuals, usually representatives of civilian human rights agencies, who attend public demonstrations, protests and other activities where there is a potential for conflict between the public or activists and the police, security guards or other law enforcement personnel.
Contact your local chapter of the National Lawyers Guild to become one.
NAVIGATE THE LEGAL SYSTEM
- Preparing for arrest or knowing what to do after you’ve been arrested.